Skip to main content

Bangor and Batman


So back when I was in Ireland I decided to be productive and take loads of pictures that I could use for my blog as right now I am supposed to be studying for my final exams. The “loads of pictures” ended up being only two posts worth. I admit that these aren’t the best pictures. Both the sun and the wind and sun were strong, and there wasn’t a lot of time. So these were the only ones that could be used.



I find it funny how my style fluctuates between dresses and skirts to jeans and actual man’s clothes. This blog sees more of my girly side as I'm still working out how to wear men’s shirts and jumpers without looking, well masculine.


I think my more tomboy side probably comes from my jealousy of men’s preppy styles and the nerdy t-shirts that you can find in the men’s section that don’t have slogans on them like “my boyfriend is a superhero”. Also it’s nice to be warm sometimes without having to wear a ton of layers as men’s clothes seems to be thicker and actually cover most of your chest.



I’m wearing:
Jacket from New Look (old)
Batman shirt from Primark
£6
High waisted jeans from Primark £13
Converse from Office (old)

Today I’m listening to: 


Comments

  1. This outfit is absolutely adorable!! My favorite way to wear men's shirts is with skinny jeans, as well, it helps balance out the oversized top! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoons and Ringlets

After we went swimming the other day, I just let my hair dry naturally. This produced what has been dubbed as my “triangle hair”. My hair usually curls tighter when I leave it, but I’ve been straightening it a lot more often and it seems to have melted my hair or something because the last couple of times it was just straight frizz. The lighting is terrible in all these pictures so if I look a little red that’s why. The jumper I'm wearing is from the men’s section. I find that guy’s jumpers are a lot warmer and the neck-line is so high, you don’t need a scarf. In Primark specifically, the men’s jumpers seem to be less itchy and wash a lot better as they don’t shrink as badly. The styles are usually very similar to the woman’s and they seem to be in more muted colours which is something I particularly like.      I'm wearing: Jumper from Primark (they are  usually  £6 but I managed to get mine at the start of summer for £3.) Denim Shorts from

A Storm in a Teacup

So the other day I was out shopping with my friend when I saw this dress and got a bit over excited. It was long enough to go past my knees! Being something like 5’10, dresses that are long enough on other people are always too short on me. So many of the dresses I have, I have to wear with leggings or even skinny jeans. So the fact this dress wasn’t just long enough, but went past my knees was a novelty. It’s really pretty too, these pictures don’t show the top of it but it has a 1940’s sort of feel to it. I can’t wait until the weather warms up and I can wear it with my arms out.    The iso is a bit high in some of these pictures as the sun was setting so half of them are a bit grainy. I didn’t realise this at the time and even though I kind of like the effect, it would have been better if they all looked the same. Oh well, I will just have to remember this for next time. I also went a bit mad in Primark and I have filmed a video on what I bought, which I’ll

A New Year

So another year has come to an end and I don’t have much to reflect back on. Yes, I have grown more in this year than any other, but there haven’t been any specific things that I am proud of and I’ve came nowhere near completing my resolutions. This year instead of setting resolutions that I conveniently forget within the month, I am going to make ones that I will have to stick to. For starters, my mother and I are going to start an exercise class and drag the other to it. I'm going to try and vary my hair and makeup more and include them in my blog posts. I'm also going to do a 365 project where I take a picture every day. To make sure I’m doing this, I will post them to my Instagram. Hopefully this will make me improve my photos because let’s face it; they’re all pretty bad right now.  These photos are of my outfit from this New Year’s Eve taken on my phone as the connector for the proper camera has broken, so they are all a bit blurry. We had a very casual “party